What does a postpartum doula do?
- Provides assistance during the transition of adding a new family member.
- Helps with recovery from birth, infant soothing, meal preparation and the general needs of the family during the postpartum period.
- Experienced in assisting with breast and bottle feeding.
“The loving and attentive care you receive during pregnancy should continue after your baby is born. As your doula, I am committed to nurturing you postpartum, so you can focus on resting, recovering, adjusting to parenthood, and connecting with your baby.”
Certifying Organization: Birth Arts International
Experience: 1 year
- Birth Doula Certification / In progress
- Postpartum Doula Certification / In progress
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) / Graduated 2014 from Eastern Washington University
- Palliative Care Certification / Completed 2014 from Eastern Washington University
- Infant & Child CPR / Completed May 2016
- Volunteer Weekly in Sacred Heart’s NICU unit
Service area: Spokane
Apprentice Postpartum Doula
“When you hire me, I will give you the tools to become comfortable with your new family member, actively participate in accomplishing your goals to bring you rest, and assist you with the resources to answer your questions”
Certifying Organization: Birth Arts International (In progress)
Experience: One year working with families since starting certification. Additionally I have 4 years experience with supporting families during the postpartum period.
- CPR & First Aid
Service area: Greater Spokane
Certified Doula/Board Member
“I am very compassionate about supporting families. As your Postpartum Doula I will provide a safe and loving environment as well as unbiased and nurturing physical and emotional support. I look forward to being a part of your beautiful journey.”
Certification: ProDoula Certified Doula
Certified Doula Experience:
- 2 years certified
- 30 years of experience working with families and children
- Certified Postpartum Doula
- CDA (child development accreditation) in birth – 3 years old
- Infant, child and adult CPR
Service area: Greater Spokane and CDA